Walk-In Access (WIA) Program...providing public hunting opportunities on private lands thanks to volunteer landowners.
- Walk-In Access sites are open during any legal hunting season from Sept. 1 to May 31. Please respect private property and verify public hunting areas by observing boundary signs.
- Clay County WIA # 55 is within the Clay County Game Refuge and is closed to waterfowl hunting during the regular season. Open to all other hunting.
- Walk-In Access sites (WIA) are only open to hunting where WIA boundaries are posted with WIA signs. Landowners may opt out of the program, and will be reflected in the Online Atlas and the WIA County Interactive Map. Check the "Walk-In Access Site Status Changes" for the latest information on WIA site conditions.
- Only walk-in hunting traffic is allowed on enrolled acres. Land enrolled in the WIA program is not open to trapping, trap shooting, dog training or activities other than hunting. No vehicle traffic is allowed. Parking is along roads or in designated parking areas.
- Hunters must follow the Code of Conduct developed for WIA lands.
- Emergency Grazing and Haying on WIA sites
WIA maps & data
All map data and map products (including Google Earth, Google Map, and GPS files) are general and do not
accurately represent the actual legal or established boundary of these areas, and thus should be used for reference only. Please respect private property and verify public hunting areas by observing boundary signs.Check the MN DNR website for updates
Post a Comment