Walk-In Access (WIA) Program...providing public hunting opportunities on private lands thanks to volunteer landowners.
- Walk-In Access sites are open during any legal hunting season from Sept. 1 to May 31. Please respect private property and verify public hunting areas by observing boundary signs.
- No hunting is allowed in any WIA until it is posted.
- Only walk-in hunting traffic is allowed on enrolled acres. Land enrolled in the WIA program is not open to trapping, trap shooting, dog training or activities other than hunting. No vehicle traffic is allowed. Parking is along roads or in designated parking areas.
- Hunters must follow the Code of Conduct developed for WIA lands.
- Emergency Grazing and Haying on WIA sites